May 03, 2017

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Cushion

     I've been testing out a bunch of new cushions lately but most of them have disappointed me. The lasting power sucked and really emphasized the dryness of my skin. Luckily, YSL came to the rescue. I was always a fan of their touche éclat liquid foundation and their fusion ink cushion so when news of a touche éclat cushion came out, I was super excited. Apparently it's a Nordstrom exclusive but the store in Vancouver didn't have it so I ordered it online from the YSL beauty website





 

     Girl, this packaging tho... YSL never disappoints. I love the gold angular edging but there are some things about this cushion that are annoying. The reflective gold makes it look stunning but it's hard to take pictures of it without getting your reflection in the shot and of course fingerprints leave a mark😅. Additionally, the sponge and inside compact is so tiny that the foundation spills over, easily creating a mess.The click when opening the cushion is pretty fancy though and unlike the fusion ink cushion, you can pop out the bottom and add a refill making it cheaper!


 
     So the innovative technology about this cushion is the sponge. The flocked side gives a more "intense" finish whereas the smooth side gives a more natural finish. The only gripe I have is that the sponge is so small already and having to use only one side of it means it takes longer for me to pat on the foundation. Some people have said they didn't notice a difference between the two sides but in my experience it made a drastic difference. At first I used the smooth side because I wanted a natural look but the coverage was super light, which I wasn't satisfied with. On day 2 of trying this cushion, I decided to just use the flocked side all over my face and I fell in love with the glow it gave me. The coverage was also a lot better. On the first day I didn't use any powder so by the end of the day my face looked greasy but when I did use setting powder, the glow was still there while lasting all day 👍🏻. I usually get YSL foundations in shade 40 but this one seems a little too dark for me :( In pics it looks ok but in certain lighting my face actually looks so orange compared to the rest of my body LOL 😭. I also got to pick 3 samples!


 

 

On day 2 the coverage was definitely better and gave more of a glowy finish 😍

 

The price for this cushion is steep but honestly worth it IMO because I have yet to find a cushion this amazing. If you have oily skin, I'd definitely recommend the fusion ink cushion foundation!

Cheers to radiant and flawless skin heheh.

x
Melissa


EDIT: just wanted to add that this touche eclat cushion def isn't sweatproof or super long lasting due to its moisturizing properties. also this doesn't have spf in it either which is good for photoshoots but for everyday use you'd need to use sunscreen under!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What is the difference between cushion ink and Touche Éclat cushion? Which has better coverage and is more long lasting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meena,

      The Touch Éclat cushion gives more of a glowy, natural finish. I'd say the Fusion Ink cushion foundation has better coverage and lasts longer. Thanks for your comment!

      x Melissa

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig