May 09, 2017

Faubourg

     Wow, between working and watching dramas and going out with friends, the last two weeks have flown by. Only one more week left until summer school starts :( But while I was hanging out with my lovely friend, she told me she wasn't really into macarons after trying Thierry and Cafe Joie (the two worst places for macarons imo). Buttery macarons are so gross compared to the jam ones. That's when I knew I had to introduce her to Faubourg. This is my FAVOURITE macaron place in Vancouver (for the price hahah). Needless to say, after one bite she was hooked. 


     I got a box of 9 for $18! Kinda expensive but worth it and way cheaper than Laduree. We got cantaloupe orange blossom, raspberry rose, jasmine tea, Tahitian vanilla, earl grey lavender, strawberry blackpepper, salted dark chocolate caramel, and two of my absolute favourite ever - Faubourg's signature passion fruit macaron. Honestly, I could buy a whole box of just their signature macarons. They're sweet though, so you only be'd able to eat like three at a time and because they're made fresh daily, they do harden within 2 days so don't save them forever.


  

  

     Their croissants are also pretty good but I HIGHLY recommend their lemon tart!!! I think it'd be a dream to come here for breakfast every day. However, I had high tea here once and wasn't a super huge fan. Secret Garden and Capstone do it better. 


     Their downtown location is so so so pretty and just my aesthetic with the marble tables. They also have a location in Kerrisdale and Park Royal! You can find the addresses on their website here.


Have a great week everyone! Enjoy the sunshine ☀️

x
Melissa

P.S. Oh and btw, it's macaron not macaroon. Please educate yourself and know the difference😊
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig