April 29, 2017

Sephora VIB Rouge Sale Purchases + Skincare Talk


     I don't think I've made any purchases at Sephora since the last time they had their VIB Rouge sale. You can see my previous haul here! I really went crazy then LOL. I believe these sales only happen twice a year so when I get that email notifying me, I alway search the Sephora website to see if there's anything I've been meaning to buy. I was gonna go all out again and order a bunch of stuff but ultimately resisted the urge and cut down to what I really needed, which is why I only got two products this time. Last time the sale was 20% off but this time it was 15% and only for VIB Rouge members so I guess I'll just splurge when they do the 20% sale again 😜.


     A long time ago, I remember reading "invest more in skincare and you'll need less makeup" or something like that and ever since then, I've really taken that to heart and became a skincare junkie lol. It does make sense though, as in you won't need as high coverage or thicker makeup. It's probably healthier for your skin too. My dad always said makeup was a gimmick. It wrecks your skin, thereby creating a need to cover it up with more makeup and cause more wrinkles. But hey with technological advancements and a bunch of new treatments, I'm sure that when I'm at that wrinkly age something will help me. But then again, prevention is better which is why it's good to start taking care of your skin now. 

     I first discovered Amore Pacific a couple years ago with their treatment enzyme peel which fuelled my love for this brand. IMO it is a bit pricier compared to other brands so I do think there are some products that aren't necessarily worth the price tag. Maybe I'll do a post in the future reviewing my AP collection and products I like/dislike. 

LOL ok this is prob my longest intro ever, so let's get on with what I bought! As usual, products will be linked in their titles.

Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Serum




     Because this brand is so high end, I bought a trial pack that had travel sizes of their Moisture Bound collection, which included this serum. One day I decided to only use those products and for the rest of the day I couldn't stop touching my face because it was so baby soft and smooth. I was actually more interested in their brightening serum because of its claims, but there was no way I was gonna spend $190 plus tax. I've gotten samples of it too but didn't really notice a difference big enough to be worthy of that price tag so I settled for this serum because of its moisturizing and anti-aging properties. My face has actually been getting super dry lately so I needed something to rehydrate my skin and AP never fails when it comes to moisturizing. Scarily enough I've also noticed that my smile lines are becoming a bit stronger so I'm even more freaked out about wrinkles 😭. People always say start anti-aging skincare in your 20s, so it's about time for me lol. Additionally, people with dry skin are even more prone to wrinkles so if you have oily skin, don't worry you might end up with less wrinkles than me HAHA. 

     Side story: I'm convinced I look better tan so I used to purposely sunbathe but now that I've learned how much UVA/UVB rays can affect your skin and health, I always try to stay out of the sun. Instead, in the summer I just use a gradual self-tanner to my parent's dismay lol. TBH I'm still too lazy to put on sunscreen and it always seems to get into my eyes even if I thoroughly wash my hands but at least there's SPF in the cushions I use 😂. I think a solution in the summer would be the aerosol sunscreen sprays. Wait jk you still have to use your hands to rub it in but apparently it gives your body a highlighted effect so if you ever want to take pics, use sunscreen spray first LOOL. UVA/UVB rays still penetrate through clouds so even though you may live in a not so sunny area, you're still supposed to wear sunscreen 365 days a year. And apparently use a shot glass full of sunscreen every day. And if you're outdoors, re-apply every couple of hours. Girl, I do not have time for that 😒.

     I like how this product has a pump because it gives a controlled amount every time and it's super quick and hassle-free. The only thing that's bad is that it's not clear so I can't tell when I'll be out until there's actually no more lol. But I guess all for the aesthetic to make it look nice. Serums are meant to be used for their nourishing properties and since this claims to delay aging, I'll let you know if it works in a couple decades HAHAH.  

Amore Pacific The Essential Creme Fluid






     I'm running low on my favourite Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer but I'm always open to try new products so since this just released, it was perfect timing. Because it's now spring, I don't like to use a heavy duty moisturizer in the morning. This product is definitely more liquid-y, but has all the "long-lasting benefits of a rich creme" which is a good balance for my dry-combination skin. It's a bit pricy but 90ml is a a lot more than what other expensive brands give you. Plus, I had to take advantage of the sale...right? The packaging is cool with the double sided design on the box but idky they couldn't add a lid to the product itself. All you get is this plastic cover that you'd probably discard. Not really travel friendly 🙄. It's pretty hydrating but of course nothing beats their Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Crème.


     This was meant to be a quick post but with skincare, it's been revealed that I can go on and on about it 😂. The obsession is real loool. I used to just read tons of books in the library about skincare and makeup. Now, all my research is done online but through reliable sources ofc heheh. I hope you learned something new! Never hesitate to ask me if you have any questions!! 

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig