April 26, 2017

Ramen Gojiro

     Discovered a new ramen place last month after going to mass downtown! Since then, I've been there twice and brought my mother, who hates spending $10 on a bowl of noodles but even she liked this place so you know it's a winner. #MAMAWONGAPPROVED. I love how the noodles are thicker than other places I've been to and you can choose whether you want light or rich broth! I ordered rich the first time and then light the second time. Both tasted amazing but tbh I still think Jinya is better. There's also the option to upgrade to a bigger size, where they literally give you a mountain of bean sprouts. No joke. We had an extra empty bowl and filled it up with all the beansprouts they gave us.





     My brother got the yakisoba, which tasted a lot better than it looks... I wouldn't say this place is the most aesthetic in terms of presentation but it's the taste that counts, right?


We also ordered the chicken karaage. It tasted good without the sauce but even better with it!


     For dessert we got the almond pudding and green tea ice cream with vanilla mochi. If you didn't know, I am utterly obsessed with mochi. Honestly I could eat it all day every day and would never get sick of it. These desserts were pretty tasty and not too sweet! I like how they served the ice cream and mochi in a chilled bowl to prevent the ice cream from melting.






     This place is just over a year old but is pretty successful! It's always been full whenever I went, peak hours or not. The interesting thing about ramen places is that you can be in and out in just 15 minutes so the turnover rate is pretty fast and you'll never have to wait too long. Highly recommend you guys check this place out at 501 Dunsmuir Street or their website here!


Happy hump day everyone!
I'm currently suffering from allergy season and a sore throat/cough lol but hopefully it'll go away soon T__T 
Making myself feel better by watching dramas 😂 Just finished Strong Woman Do Bong Soon which was amazing since there was a little bit of crime & mystery in there too!! If you have any other dramas to recommend, lmk! I feel like they improve my language skills and I really need to brush up on my Chinese 😅.

x
Melissa

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig