April 27, 2017

Yolks

     If you were to ask me, I am definitely not a morning person. On days I don't have school I usually wake up at 11. I find that I'm more productive at night and get most things done during then. One time, my cousin asked if we would prefer to never have to eat again or never have to sleep again. Immediately I said eat because I love sleeping so much but he said he would rather never have to sleep again because think about how much extra time you would have in a day. Plus, who doesn't love going out on food adventures? I would never be able to deprive myself of food lol. Usually in the mornings I'm way too rushed to eat breakfast at home and the only time I'd actually wake up early to eat is to go have dim sum with my family. Thus, I don't often go brunching with my friends but out of the few breakfast places I've been to, Yolks is worth waking up early for.


     Their Broadway & Cambie location is reallllllly cramped. The tables and chairs are so squished together it's hard even for a skinny person to get through 😂 but they gotta fit as many people in as they can since this place is always busy. If you ever take the 99 bus when they're open you'll see a line up outside this place. I think the least busiest time is probably before they close, around 2. You can check out the menu and their website here.


     I think I've been to Yolks around three or four times and I'm surprised I haven't written about it yet. They have another location on Hastings, which is a bit older but less busy. Here I got two eggs, double-smoked bacon with fresh arugula, aged white cheddar, and their homemade truffle-lemon hash browns. I like how the menu is customizable so you're not stuck with something you don't like! The combo of aged white cheddar with the egg is absolutely amazing though. You have to try it!!




     The most recent visit was at their Broadway & Cambie location. This time, my friend and I sat at the "bar" so it wasn't as cramped. I got a mimosa and two eggs, double-smoked bacon with arugula, real hollandaise, an English muffin, and the truffle-lemon hash browns. They also have these ketchup bottles that say it's spicy and homemade, however I don't find it spicy at all and I'm pretty weak with my spice so maybe it's just a fancy name lol.




     Although I don't consider myself a morning person, I actually love a big breakfast. Especially eggs!! And tbh, you don't really have to wake up early. I think the last time I went to Yolks I still woke up at 11 and impulsively agreed to go out and eat with my friend😂. This place is relatively cheap too. If you get the first order I listed, it only amounted to ~$13 and the portion is perfectly satisfying. 


     Hope that this post inspires you to go get brunch more often hahah. Remember, it's the most important meal of the day! And you can pig out during breakfast (to a max of 600 cal) because you'll be able to work it off during the rest of the day 👍🏻. Have an amazing day!!

x
Melissa 

P.S. the pics at the Hastings location are from when I had the iPhone 5s but the more recent pics are from my iPhone 7plus. Notice the difference? I've been testing out portrait mode more often too hehe.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig