July 22, 2017

YSL Vinyl Cream Lip Stain #407 Carmin Session


     I wasn't really looking for a new lip product but when YSL beauty emailed me about their promotion for a free personalized engraving, I got sucked in and decided to buy the Vinyl Cream Lip Stain. The letters weren't gold like in the pictures but it's still pretty cool and adds a nice touch to the packaging. 







     At first I was going to get #412 Rose Mix, however, the swatches online looked too pink for me. It was then on YouTube where I learned that #407 Carmin Session was the most popular colour in Asia and sold out everywhere when it was first released. I went into my local Sephora to see the dusty rose colour in real life and I fell in love at first sight.. plus the lip stain was almost empty! That's when you know it's a good product. I really appreciate swatch pics online so I've included a few of my own below, unedited.




    I never used to like lip products because they were either drying or felt super sticky but technology has really stepped up these past couple of years, especially with YSL. Apparently the first launch in their collection of  these lip stains, Vernis a Levres Glossy Stain, received pretty bad reviews but this one was a huge improvement. My lips tend to get dry pretty easily but with this, my lips feel totally smooth and there's no evidence of flakiness at all.  


     In terms of lasting power, if you apply it straight on and with a thick layer, it'll probably come off after your next meal but a light stain will still be there. People have said that it's hard to apply evenly using the applicator. A tip I've read is to put some on your finger first and then dab it on your lips. This method definitely works for me! My upper lip is very pale compared to my bottom lip so I concentrate the product there and then blend it. I love how this method gives a natural MLBB (stands for my lips but better, not major league baseball😂) look, since I'm not a fan of crazy or bright and bold lips on me. 

 





Everyone knows YSL is king when it comes to lip products but whether it's worth the price tag is up to you! 
(psst, they're owned by L'oreal.. the only difference between the brands is the markup cause of the packaging and marketing)

Have a happy Saturday!

x
Melissa


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig