July 25, 2017

Safeco Field: Seattle Mariners vs New York Yankees


     My dad likes watching three sports: hockey, football, and baseball. It's been a while since we've been to an MLB game so we decided to go for a drive down to Seattle to see the Yankees play! Scroll on for some bomb food pics!!




     It was so busy outside!! The line up to get in was pretty long but moved super fast. I've never seen so many people at a stadium before. Definitely doesn't compare to any games here in Vancouver. I guess baseball truly is an American sport as I saw a lot of families. Some even flew in from other cities!

     Unlike the previous times I've been to Safeco Field, we sat in the fifth row at a 1pm game, which meant we were in the sun for 7/9 innings. After the first inning, I was dying in the heat and went to the store to go look for a hat. Now I know why baseball caps are called baseball caps LOL. And yes, my dad is a Yankees fan which is why we only see the games when the Yankees come to Seattle. I mean, the Yankees win most of the time anyways (and their baseball cap is prettier HAHA).




     The food tasted even better than I remembered!! But of course being stadium food, it was super overpriced. The garlic fries were $7.50, the lemonade was $5.50 ($6.75 for the large size), the wings were $10, ice cream was $6, and bottled water was $5USD. The heat really made us grow an appetite so between my brother and my dad and I, we ended up buying like three lemonades, two orders of wings, one order of garlic fries, two waters, one gatorade, two Haagen-Das bars, and cup of Dibs LOOL. We were really tempted to get some churros too but they were $6 each and I reminded myself of how it's $1 at American Costcos. Honestly I'm not the biggest baseball fan, but I'd go to Safeco Field just for the food 😂.


 





Cap: NY Yankees 
(so glad they sold this omg I was actually worried because I didn't want to buy a Mariners cap LOL)
Shirt: Aritzia
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity

tip: wear sunscreen or end up with a red shoulder like me -_-

 

     Before the game, Aaron Judge (apparently the next Jeter) came in front of us to sign some baseballs since we were sitting right next to the Yankees dugout and also surrounded by other Yankee fans. The girls in front of us had judge robes on (can't imagine how hot they'd feel in those lol) and apparently in New York whenever he comes on, the big screen says "all rise". 

     Right at the beginning of the game, during the second pitch the Yankees hit a home run!! The Mariners didn't get anything until the fourth inning, when the bases were loaded and ended up scoring four points while the Yankees had three points at the time. However, they made a comeback in the sixth inning, scoring three more points. The final score was 6-4, with the Yankees winning the game. All the Mariner fans looked so sad exiting the stadium I kinda felt bad for them haha.


Definitely had a fun day trip in Seattle!
I'll also be in Asia next month so not sure if I'll have time there to post anything on the blog. Keep up with me through my Instagram~!

x
Melissa



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig