July 27, 2017

$1 Bubble Tea: Houcailei 侯彩擂


     After trying out Hon Sushi and walking back to our car, we were stopped by this sign outside that advertised $1 bubble tea. Being too good of an offer to pass, we went inside Houcailei to take a look at the menu. Apparently it's their grand opening and the promotion is only available until the end of the month so take advantage of this deal soon!!









We ordered the brown sugar jelly milk tea (黑砖奶茶), coconut jelly milk tea, winter melon tea, and oolong green tea. The brown sugar jelly was pretty similar to grass jelly but a little bit sweeter. Order the drink half sweet and it'll taste exactly like chatime (I'm not lactose intolerant but chatime milk tea makes me feel sick.. this doesn't though)!!! Honestly probably the best milk tea I've ever had in my life. My oolong green tea was pretty bitter at first but then I got used to it and grew to like it.

 
You know how some places basically fill the whole cup with ice and then add the drink? This was a pic of regular ice and there's so little!! Perfect for us cheap Asians who like paying for the drink rather than the ice 😂. The cups are good quality too, none of that cheap thin plastic stuff that will break in one squeeze.


I highly highly recommend the brown sugar jelly milk tea half sweet!!!! Even when this promotion is over I'll probably still come back just for the milk tea. Because Houcailei just opened, it's not even on google maps yet so I pointed it out with the star. It's in Burnaby's Old Orchard Shopping Centre near Crystal Mall and by Earls and Subway. You'll see a black sign from far away!

Hope you're all having an amazing summer drinking some bubble tea!!

x
Melissa



Update: apparently next month's promo will be drinks priced half off!! Still such a good deal! And they're finally on Google Maps. Find them at 4429 Kingsway #3 in Burnaby or click here for directions.

I went back today and the line up was out the door! Luckily they handled orders pretty fast. Only the drinks took a while to make but to be fair, we did order ten of them LOL. Being in the bubble tea industry, I know how labouring it is to make a bunch of drinks so I really appreciate their hard work. The owner was so grateful for our business too! Totally coming back to support them~


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I simply must tell you that you have written an excellent and unique article that I really enjoyed reading. I’m fascinated by how well you laid out your material and presented your views.Thank you.
    https://promocodesforpostmates.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig