July 22, 2017

3 Quarters Full

     
     My friends keep requesting me to do more food posts, so here you go! I actually have a lot of blog posts lined up but I'm too lazy to edit photos lol. This place has been on my To Eat list for a while now but I finally got the chance to go last week! The lady working there greeted us immediately, asking if we had been here before and gave us a bunch of info about the food they offer. My friend ordered the mung bean cake, basil popcorn chicken, and One Lemon. I got the pork belly gua bao, a matcha naidong cake roll, and the Taipei Fog. 




     The basil popcorn chicken was pretty good! Definitely reminded me of the chicken nuggets at Bubble World. My friend noted how this place tasted like an elevated cha chaan teng (茶餐廳). I tried a sip of the One Lemon, which basically tasted like iced tea haha. My Taipei Fog (I lost the pics of it ㅠㅠ) is their Taiwanese twist on the London Fog. The aroma totally reminded me of Coco milk tea but the drink was too bitter for me 😭. I read on another website that their matcha latte is unsweetened unless the customer specifically asks for it, so this was probably the case with me too.


     I've never tried gua bao before but this exceeded my expectations!! The texture of the bun was so squishy hehe and the pork belly, one of their best sellers, instantly melted in my mouth. The peanuts added a bit of crunch too. If I didn't get dessert I honestly would've ordered another one LOL. 


 
     The matcha roll was not bad either. I enjoyed the cake and the middle part but the sweetness became too overbearing for one person. By the end of it, I understood why they gave me two forks to share 😂. 


     I'd come back for the gua bao for sure!!! Highly recommend it ❤️ I want to try their Japanese style cheesecake too. I made the mistake of ordering a hot drink on a hot day, so next time I'll get my recent go-to drink, honey green milk tea. 3 Quarters Full recently had a media tasting event showcasing their menu and apparently they're adding some new items to the list. You can find this cafe at 1789 Comox St and check out their Instagram here.  

Have a happy weekend!

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig