December 03, 2017

Miku


     To celebrate my birthday, I went out for lunch at Miku! It was definitely an expensive treat but hey, I had a reason to celebrate! Read on to see what I ordered and what I recommend~




     For appetizers, we ordered the ebi fritters and calamari! The ebi fritters had great flavour and were served hot. Both dishes were good but the calamari blew me away. The tempura batter was light and flaky, unlike the hard crunchiness you find at other sushi restaurants and the tosazu sauce was a nice touch.



     After scrolling through Miku's geotag on Instagram, I noticed a lot of people posting about the aburi chirashi tart and recommending it, since it's only available at lunch. Trust the foodies, this tasted amazing!! Definitely Instagram worthy too haha. It also came with a miso soup!




     Of course, Miku is known for their aburi so we had to order it. Pictured here is the salmon aburi oshi. This tasted good too but it was served cold. I think I actually prefer the one at Masa since theirs is hot and has more of a melt-in-your-mouth texture. 



     We ordered the red wave roll, the sunset roll, and the Miku roll. My favourite was the Miku roll!




     I saw this drink, nightshade, on Instagram a lot too so I decided to get it. The dragonfruit liquor and yuzu smelled amazing but it was a little too bitter for me. We also got the moscow mule which contains ginger beer. That tasted good at first but then left a burning aftertaste in my throat. Ah well, this is alcohol so if that's not your taste, order their green tea which has a nice sencha taste. I wanna try their matcha lemonade next!




     Their green tea opera cake is a classic, however it had an interesting crunchy texture due to the dark chocolate bits. I'd say it's good but not mind-blowing amazing. There are probably other places that have better tasting green tea desserts out there but you can order a whole cake of this if you want for your next special occasion! Apparently it takes 3 whole days to make this dessert!



     This was my first time at Miku but the experience lived up to the hype! The food was amazing and the servers were very caring and quick. I can't wait until the next time I go back. I highly highly recommend you order the calamari and aburi chirashi tart! My dad says the sablefish is tasty as well. Come here during lunch since the lighting is much better for pictures, but of course nightime has a nice ambiance too. Going at lunch time seemed a lot more casual.

You can check out Miku at their website here.


Happy December and to my fellow uni students, good luck with finals!

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig