June 11, 2017

UBC Aquatic Center

     One weird fact about me: I love the smell of chlorine. Although the aquatic center has been built for a couple months now, I went inside for the first time last week and I quite enjoyed it! In fact, I actually ended up staying there for 4 hours just talking to my friend LOL. As the old pool was known for being a good nap place, this one is also nice and toasty but the seating isn't carpeted so it's not as comfy. My phone was dying though so I joked about how they should have outlets here but then my friend reminded me it was a pool 😂. However, this place does make a (sorta) great study spot! Especially later in the evening when it isn't as busy. I love swimming too so I should take advantage of the free admission for UBC students hehe. 



     As I was on my laptop, my friend remarked about how cool the steps looked. I love white and blue tones, and with nobody around it was the perfect opportunity to take some "candid" shots haha. My OOTD always seems the same but it's because my uniform for work requires black clothing and most of my closet is black... it's also a slimming colour so you really can't go wrong with it!












Jacket: Oak + Fort
Top: Aritzia
Pants: Citizens of Humanity
Shoes: Converse

     It's pretty amazing to see the process and development of construction, and then the final product. This place also has a mini lazy river!! So cool. Even if you're not wearing a swim suit, it's a great place to hang out and chat. I can definitely see myself coming here more often in the winter when it's colder outside haha.


Have a blessed week, everyone!

x
Melissa

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig