June 13, 2017

5 Father's Day Gift Ideas


     Omg, I didn't realize Father's Day was coming up so soon LOL. Time to show some appreciation for how much our dads do for us. My parents always joke about how spoiled I am. Being the first born child, I was definitely a daddy's girl💕. He always says the only guy who will be able to afford me is him 😂😂. If you're stuck on what to gift that special man in your life, here are some ideas!

1. Cologne

     Who doesn't want to smell good? For men, woody and musky scents are a classic go-to option. My dad and I both like Ralph Lauren's Polo Red but he enjoys the deodorizing spray version. Ralph Lauren's Polo Black is also approved by me hehe. For a lighter scent, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme is everyone's favourite. I own the perfume myself!

2. Shaving Set

     I remember my dad's sharp stubble and how everyone always nags him to shave. This Jack Black set has really good reviews, although personally I don't know how amazing it is. Maybe I'll buy it for my dad this year haha.  It includes a cleanser that tones the skin, shaving lather, and a moisturizer! I don't think my dad uses moisturizer for his face so this would be a good way to get him to incorporate it into his basically non-existent skincare routine lol, which leads me onto my next point.
     
     My dad is definitely not the classy business suit type of guy. Definitely more gruff and does a lot of labouring work, which is why his hands are cracked from being so dry. He's always got band aids on, whereas my hands are super smooth and soft. Obviously you can see who does more work😅. Jack Black also has a hand cream so I'm interested in seeing how effective that is too, cause honestly nothing works to soothe and heal my dad's hands 😭. If you know any good ones please let me know!

3. Clothing

     Alright, enough with the beauty stuff. I'm sure your dad has a favourite brand or unique style. My dad just wears whatever to work but he does love Ralph Lauren's Polo line. If your dad is like Harvey Spectre though, then Tom Ford ties and suits are the way to go. When in doubt about sizing, just get a gift card to his favourite store! 

     One of my favourite things to lounge around at home in is my big fuzzy robe but recently I've been looking into silk ones for the summer. I'm sure guys would appreciate one too, right? Or at least some comfy slippers! My Asian dad has a whole collection of them at home LOL.

4. Coffee

     My dad can't live without his McDonalds or Vietnamese iced coffee but he also enjoys a Starbucks blonde roast in the winter. Of course the default office type of gift is a Starbucks gift card, but a mug would be nice if your dad likes to make his coffee himself at home. Travel mugs are great for a busy guy on the go. Pro tip: bring in your own mug at Starbucks and you'll get 10 cents off! If you know what type of coffee your dad likes, you can also get that for him too. My dad's favourite is Hawaiian Blue Mountain. 

5. Your Time + a Meal

     I just asked my dad what he wants for Father's Day and he said that he doesn't want anything, except for my siblings and I to stop fighting with each other HAHAH. In this day and age, time is valuable. With the recent passing of my best friend, I've realized how precious life is and to make every moment count. After all, material goods can only provide a temporary form of happiness. The long car ride talks and joking around with my dad is what I live for. As busy as I may be with my friends and school and work, it's still important to me to make my family a priority. Since my fam is so tight, I actually get surprised when some people say they don't talk to their siblings or parents. Makes me feel truly blessed to have my family close by my side, especially since I've made friends with a lot of international students who don't see their parents for months at a time. 

     So on Father's Day, just spend the whole day with him and treat him out for dim sum or something. Doesn't even have to be fancy. I'm sure that as long as he gets to be with you, he'll be happy ☺️. Feel free to be cheesy and write a card if you want. My dad still has all the Father's Day crafts we created for him in school!



     It's hard to equate what our parents are worth with a gift. As we grow up, I feel like the only thing these elders really want is company. I'm actually trying to make an effort to spend more time with my grandparents and improve my Chinese as well haha. I went a little deep in this post but no matter what, just be sure to shower your dad with love! My dad often jokes that I'll be sorry when he's gone, which is true 😂😂. I definitely rely on him too much but now it's time to become an adult and learn how to be independent 💃🏻.

Happy early Father's Day to all the fathers (and mothers who had to be both)!!
Love you dad❣

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig