February 21, 2017

BTS 방탄소년단 Song Recommendations


     For those who don't know much about the K-Pop scene, BTS (aka Bantan Boys) has rapidly become one of the most popular boy groups and breaking multiple records with their album "WINGS". Their latest album "You Never Walk Alone" was just released last week, with music videos for Spring Day and Not Today. Blood Sweat & Tears currently has over 100 million views, Spring Day has 30+ million, and Not Today reached over 13 million views in one day!! The visual are absolutely stunning.





     I've been a fan of them since they came out with Boy In Luv (click CC if you watch the mv, the translations are hilarious) but now it seems like the majority of their fanbase, called ARMY, are younger girls. My little sister and her friends are obsessed with them. They're well known for their intense choreography and when you watch the MVs, the synchronization is astounding. Some of my all-time favourites songs from BTS are  

I've listened to this literally over 1,000x and still not sick of it

🔥🔥SO LIT🔥🔥

this was my summer jammm
those dance moves at 1:30 tho hoooooly
Jungkook kills me at 2:12



(this is the ballad version of their original song 'Run')

1:22 has a jazzy feel to me

this is so beautiful omgggg



ahh the chorus in this~


    BTS originally debuted with a hip hop vibe but now it seems as if they've matured and their music style has changed a bit. I've embedded some of their older songs below that I liked. See if you can tell the difference! (Danger, the first video above, is an older release tho)


3:27 for Jimin's abs😏

0:20-0:30 I have never been this blessed before in my life
3:05 wait what I didn't know they could do this!!

  


     One interesting thing to note about their WINGS album is that each member had a solo song! This isn't new though, as many of the members have made their own songs that aren't featured on BTS albums. 

The songs above and below are from WINGS; very beautiful pieces


If you like rap, listen to the one above and below!!!
Suga is his name but Agust D spells Suga backwards and the D t stands for Daegu town, where he's from


I know I've embedded a lot of songs but this group just slays every song they produce. Not only that, the members are talented at covering other artist's songs as well. 

^Charlie Puth, the original singer, noticed this cover and then followed BTS on Twitter!

I like this even better than the original!!! But the music in the original song by Troye Sivan is nice

I feel like Jungkook is on par with Crush (the original singer of this song)
I love them both equally❤️

you guise, this is him singing LIVE

I'm pretty sure this is how I first found out about BTS.. 
I was so shocked to see that V and Jungkook could reach notes that high

How can V's voice be this low yet still be able to hit high notes too??

Love love love the original song by Crush but Jungkook is just as amazing!
I like how BTS' YouTube channel left the video all black so that you truly focus on his voice

Jungkook actually got to sing on-stage with Zion.T, the original singer of this song!!

    


     Alright, I think I'll stop here... It's literally 5am right now but I haven't even noticed the time going by as I've been listening to BTS for the past 5 hours😂. Writing this post has made me discover a bunch of new songs though, so I hope it's done the same for you. If a song has a caption under it, it's a must watch😉 and ofc the first 3 I embedded!! As you can see, I'm a big fan of their songs😅. My favourite members have gotta be Jimin, Jungkook, and V (in terms of looks) and Rap Monster for his personality. J-Hope is super derpy and funny too. Jin is a talented composer and although Suga looks cute, he can produce a fire mixtape. (You HAVE to watch Suga dress up as a girl here at 11:03. The rest of the members try to seduce "her" but she's so savage omg I actually laughed so hard, especially at J-Hope's part.) I remember when I first heard about Rap Monster; I was like "what kind of name is that?" LOL but now I think of him as a cool guy. Super proud of their successes and how far they've come over the past years!

If you have any other BTS recommendations, let me know! Who's your favourite member out of the 7 guys? My first bias was Jimin but the voices of Jungkook and V make them bias wreckers😩.

Hope you find a song from here that you enjoy!! If so, comment down below heheh

x
Melissa

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig