February 18, 2017

Fondway Cafe



     To celebrate the start of reading week, I went to a cafe I recently found through IG, Fondway Cafe. I heard it gets busy but for a Friday afternoon, it wasn't too crowded. I did get very lost trying to find this cute little place though so lemme give you some instructions. It's behind the Metrotown skytrain station. On one side of the skytrain, there's Metrotown and on the other side is a bunch of residences and new shops. That's where you wanna go, in the opposite direction of the mall and then when you walk a little further, you'll see it. 

     I wasn't really hungry so I didn't order any food. Just a grass jelly milk tea! This is a Taiwanese place but the milk tea here definitely had a stronger tea flavour rather than creamy unlike other bubble tea franchises. If you order for here, they come in these super cool tall glasses. My cousin got hers to-go because she can never finish a drink in one sitting but her cup looked a lot tinier than mine (and she paid the same price) so I'd say you get a better deal if you sit in. However, the glasses were so tall that the straw would sink in a little.





Bomber: Uniqlo
Pants: Citizens of Humanity
Boots: Ecco

     My friend @rollingoutthedoor ordered a bacon and cheese waffle and a passionfruit slush, which she liked. (Click the link for a pic!) I've also heard the clam chowder, croissant sandwiches, and matcha cheesecake are good. You can get a combo too! Pictured below is Fondway Cafe's menu + prices (but there are dessert options at the front counter). After you order, they give you this big clothespin with a number on it and you just wait for your number to be called out so you can pick up your order. 


     These girls beside us ordered quite a bit and had their DSLRs and everything. They took pics for at least 20min and when they finally sat down, a guy passed by and remarked "guess it's finally time to eat!" 😂. While they were standing and taking pics I also snapped one too of their beautiful display. The stacked drink is a matcha tea latte layered with coffee!

  
     The interior of this place is pretty cool. Our table was literally a framed clock that actually had the hands still ticking! The ceilings were very tall and decorated with big murals. There was also this wall of tea boxes showing all the different varieties of tea. Some of the decor were so random we couldn't tell if it was trash or there on purpose LOL.



     To me, this place is like a hidden gem because I didn't even know this neighbourhood existed😅 but I definitely wanna come back to try to food and desserts! Seems like a great alternative to a food court lunch.


Hope you all have a great weekend!

x
Melissa
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig