November 11, 2016

Amsterdam + Belgium


     FINALLY! My last post concluding this Europe travel series. So sorry that it took me 3 months! I thought this school term would be chill since I'm only taking 4 courses but a part-time job makes it seem like 5 or 6. I only have 2 more big exams until I can finally relax for the rest of the term.. and then comes finals season. Fun. I seriously can't wait until Christmas break, ugh.

Day 15

     We flew from Marco Polo airport to Amsterdam! And ate a ton of food but it wasn't too amazing tbh. I played Pokemon Go with my bro (but I've deleted it now cuz school) and there were a ton of Eevees there!! Super thankful that the weather here was much cooler than Italy.

Day 16

We visited the I AMSTERDAM sign and some windmills along the way. Then, we took a canal tour. Fun fact: on average, one car a week falls into the canal! We also visited a windmill village that had a museum all about clogs. There, we ate apple cinnamon pannekoeks with powdered sugar and syrup. Back at the hotel, I started watching the anime version of Phoenix Wright. If you haven't played the game, I highly suggest you do!








Day 17

     In our hotel we had access to the lounge so I ate a salmon and cream cheese croissant for breakfast. Did we have a driver take us to Belgium, a different country, for just a couple hours to try Belgian waffles? Yes we did. Was it worth it? Absolutely. We also explored a little and found this huge cathedral. 





     Back in the Netherlands, we went to this mini park called Madurodam. I'm pretty sure it was for little kids but seeing all the miniature displays was fascinating. These pictures don't do it justice but I took more videos than pictures here since everything was moving.

  



       We then went to the Heineken museum. Well, just the gift shop to do some souvenir shopping. Amsterdam is literally a more liberal Vancouver. There are bikes everywhere, pride flags (since it was pride week), weed is legal, and the weather was pretty similar too. Seriously, you have a better chance of getting hit by a bike than a car here.



Day 18

We flew home!! On the plane I watched Fashion King and Ip Man 3. I love travelling but there is def no place like home. I missed my bed and having a bathroom all to myself. 


Look forward to more regular posts about fashion and beauty! In these past 3 months I've made so many purchases it's insane. This is what happens when you give me a bank card hehe.

x
Melissa 
      
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig