November 14, 2016

Snowy Village


     Shaved ice places were all the rage during the summer. I first started my bingsu addiction here, at Snowy Village. They make their ice with milk so it's not just regular ice but actually has flavour. This place has become so popular that they've expanded from their Richmond location and opened one up on Robson St. Here's what they say on their website:

Snowy Village is a Korean Dessert Cafe that specializes in bingsu and taiyaki. From humble beginnings, our bingsu and taiyaki can be found in Korea, China, Japan, Canada and finally, the States (CA, TX, and the West Coast).. A traditional, summer dessert, bingsu is a refreshing treat for a hot summer day or any day of the year. Our special and one of a kind machine produces snow like bingsu that will melt in your mouth and tingle your senses. The French taiyaki is made on the spot, with our top secret recipe, that is soft and buttery, yet has a slight crunch for texture.
     I've tried the green tea flavour, blueberry, mango, and strawberry one. They're good, but the rice cakes that topped the green tea one were eh. I didn't know what they were and I was excited to try them but it ended up tasting like a soggy crouton tbh. I've eaten the taiyaki before too but it was burnt I think.. 





     Out of the many shaved ice places we've been to together, my friend likes this place the best. It is good so I would recommend it! The milky flavour is pretty sweet. Their hours are really inconvenient LOL so do check to see if they're open because my friend and I have made that mistake before when we tried to go on a weekday during reading break..


Although the weather is getting chilly now, it's never too cold for bingsu! Have a lovely Monday everone!

x
Melissa

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig