August 08, 2016

Italy 2016


     Hi all, long time no see but I've been busy the last 20 days travelling all over Europe! I literally just got back yesterday but wanted to write about what I did and saw while it's fresh in my mind. Since I went to sooo many different places, I'm gonna divide each post by country. I'll also include random snaps here and there.




     Firstly, it was a connecting flight so we flew to CDG in France. France was my favourite country from my Europe trip last year but unfortunately we only got to stay for less than an hour as we rushed through the airport trying to catch our next flight. I love how they had a Ladurée wagon stand but I didn't get the chance to buy anything from there :(




How pretty is this window display?? It definitely caught my eye


     After a long day of flying, we finally made it to Rome aka Roma. We stayed in this cute apartment that was big enough for my huge family (I brought along all my grandparents). The elevator was one of those sketchy tiny ones with a gate and door that literally fit only two people so usually I had to take 4 flights of stairs. Hey, gotta work for that gelato but on the first day with luggage, it wasn't fun. The location was very central and conveniently enough there was a gelato stand right next door and a grocery store across the street. Most importantly, it was in range of a pokéstop. After settling in, we walked around the city a bit. The heat was intense so we had lemon and hazelnut gelato. Of course, leave it to my family to find the nearest Chinese restaurant. The food was actually pretty good and the restaurant had wifi but in terms of Pokémon Go, only zubats were in range -_-  

DAY 2





   I've been to Vatican City before (which explains the lack of pics) but this year the Holy Doors were open which usually only happens once every 25 years I think so my parents wanted to see that. However, after we walked through St. Peter's Basilica I was like wait what I didn't see anything LOL I didn't even notice it. I had already saw pics of it online though. With the basilica in the background I asked my sis to take a pic of me but she only took a pic of me with less than a quarter of the building in the frame. Guess in her eyes, I am the view HAHAH. 






   
     Despite us being here in Rome last year, the Trevi Fountain was closed for renovations so we had to see it again in action this year. Luckily the fountain was less than a 5 minute walk from our apartment. It was very crowded but we managed to nab a spot right in front of the fountain. Later that night, we had lemon and mango gelato. I also played mahjong with my grandmas and brother until 1:30am. Jet lag made us sleep during the day but in the end it worked out because by the time we got up and explored the city in the evening, it was cooler.

DAY 3








     We left our apartment to embark on a cruise ship. Our driver dropped us of at the port of Civitavecchia, the industrial city of Italy. Compared to cruises that I've been on before, this one was actually pretty tiny so there wasn't that much to explore. For lunch we ate at the buffet. I had roast beef with mashed potatoes and a raspberry yogurt ice cream that I ended up wasting because after days of eating Italian gelato, nothing else compares. We did fine dining for dinner, where I had scallops and a New York triplecorn steak. The scallops paired with bacon was tasty but it's a shame they literally only gave you two pieces. On the other hand, the steak was flavourless in my opinion. For dessert I had a passion fruit sorbet but also tried some of my grandma's banana crisp which was AHHMAZING. I think for food on this cruise, it was really hit-or-miss.

DAY 4












     This was a 12 day cruise with only one sea day so lemme tell you that we were busy every day. However this morning in Naples we woke up to rain so we didn't walk too far from the port. We were still able to see some interesting things though like this castle. In this square they were making a recreation of something. I thought this statue was pretty picture worthy. The roofs shown here were from a food court of some sorts. It was pretty sketchy with guys selling knock off handbags but nevertheless I couldn't help but admire the architecture. 

And so, that concludes my time in Italy! We disembarked in Venice but I took so many pics there that I'll make a separate post later.

Hope you guys are having a great week! I, for one am excited to be back home but terribly exhausted since I've also got sooo much catching up on my tv shows to do hahah. Ciao for now!

x
Melissa 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig