June 25, 2016

Current Everyday Makeup Routine




A couple of my friends have been inquiring me about my makeup routine, what products I use, and how I use them. I don't have a good quality camera that takes good pics up close so I'm not even gonna attempt to take pics of my eye like those beauty gurus, but I will take pics of each product and explain how I use it in as much detail as possible. I mean I could make a youtube video but watching myself always makes me cringe lol so I don't think I'm used to that yet. Although it may look like a bunch of steps and products, it only takes me 20min max to do my makeup.

1. TONYMOLY Bamboo Fresh Water Soothing Mist

I like to prep my skin before my base makeup. Since I have dry skin it can sometimes flake and crack on me, which is why I need all the moisture I can get.

2. IOPE Air Cushion XP in C23

My sister gave this to me and the coverage is light-medium. It gives off a super dewy and moisturizing finish. That being said, it doesn't last very long i.e. it comes off very easily. I probably have to use setting powder but I'm not a fan of that since I am afraid it'll make the cc cream too dry.

BTW if you don't know what these are, you're missing out on life. It's so convenient, portable, and quick. Basically there's a sponge soaked in foundation and you use a puff to apply the BB/CC cream/foundation onto your skin. Be sure to use a patting motion.

3. Smashbox Full Exposure Palette


You can basically see what colours I use the most lol. I use M4 (bottom, 4th from the left) as a base colour, M2 (bottom, 2nd from the left) as the colour you put all over your lid, and M1 (bottom, 1st on the left) in my outer V but I draw a straight line from my crease and then drag it under my eye.. if you know what I mean. Sort of like a triangle/half circle shape. Ok, now I know why people make videos instead. We're gonna come back to this palette tho.

4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown


Using ABH's #7 brush, I fill in any sparse areas. My eyebrow is pretty full on its own but the tail could always use some help. I start on the bottom in the middle and then keep going in short strokes until I get to the end of the tail. Then I go over the top of the arch and fill in my brows from top to bottom. Obviously, I use the lighter colour for the front part. and then blend it all together using the spoolie side of the brush. 

5. NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Via Appia




My eyeliner changes every day just due to how it turns out. I don't have a consistent method but what I try to do is a wing that connects to my bottom lid. I use brown during the day since it's more soft than black and pencil instead of liquid since it's more forgiving with any mistakes I might make.

6. Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer

Yeah, you can tell I've had this for a while but I love it cause it's absolutely matte and it's the perfect colour for me. I contour the sides of my temples, top of my forehead (blend into the hairline for a fuller look), the sides of my nose, under my cheekbones, and my along my jawline. Lord knows I need it. It's an instant way to look slimmer. For this and the next 2 steps, I use a big kabuki brush to blend it all out.

7. NARS Blush in Amour


It looks very vivid in person and in pics but on the skin, it's very natural-looking. After the lady at Sephora used it on me, I noticed this guy giving me a second look LOL so you know blush can rlly make a difference.

I make a fishy face and apply it where my cheekbone sticks out, in a diagonal line. Then i curve it along the apples of my cheeks (the bottom of it, not all over). Then blend it all out b/c I get way too heavy handed with blush and would rather not look like a clown.

8. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop


I highlight the centre of my forehead, above my brows, down my (lack of a) nose bridge, cupid's bow, chin, and collar bones if they're showing. Then blend b/c if it's too heavy, it'll end up showing fine lines.

9. Nature Republic Bamboo Mist

I spray this all over, but lightly to blend my base makeup together, however not so much that my eye makeup comes off.

10. Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

We go back to this palette and use a patting motion to apply S3 (top, 3rd from the left) on the inner half of my lid. With the help of the mist, shimmers will stick better.

11. Urban Decay Naked Palette

Using the colour Half-Baked, I highlight my aegyo-sal (the fat deposits under your eye - sounds weird, I know, but it's an actual thing in Korea and considered to be cute). I also use this to highlight my inner corners.  

12. L'oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara in Black Lacquer

After the mist has dried, I curl my lashes and apply mascara. I use as many coats as I can until I'm satisfied with the way it looks.


Aaaaaand that's it! To a guy it may seem like a lot but my girls know how it is. I don't even use concealer or lip products. Here are more selfies so you get an impression of the final look. Also, why does the puppy filter have a negative connotation? It somehow make everyone look cute. Bonus points for covering up my nose too. I definitely won't stop using this filter anytime soon.








TGIF!

x
Melissa

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig