August 13, 2016

The Cruise Life


     Hello loves! Here is part two of my travel diary in Europe. Despite this being the only sea day on this cruise, I never got a chance to go to the pool. Can you believe it? Ah well, I'm pretty sure the pool at my grandparent's place is bigger than this one. Anyways, keep scrolling to find out what I did on board!

DAY 5

     I started off the day by having high tea (yes, that's how early I woke up lol) but the pics are on my brother's phone :( I remember having a cucumber sandwich, a beef wrap, and some sweets. My go-to is always mint tea but I do like green tea and jasmine, especially at dim sum. Also, I may or may not have swiped one or two tea bags from the buffet to bring home HAHAH. It's the cheap Asian in me that can't resist, I swear.   

     On this boat, I really admired the European artwork, sculptures, and sea-inspired furniture. Here's an example of what happens when you try to take an OOTD pic but can't choose which photo is best and end up liking them all, hence the slew of repetitive pics.

T-Shirt: Joe Fresh
Shorts: Levi's
Shoes: Adidas

Me telling my sis to make sure she gets a pic of the whole bench. Too bad she can't centre a photo to save her life LOL. Also check out dat contour omgah








 I don't think this cruise line is entirely known for their entertainment so out of all the cruises I've taken, I did the least on this ship, but it might be because there wasn't as many sea days. The cool thing about our cabins is that the TV had a huge selection of movies that we could watch, so that's basically what we did every night. I watched The Man from U.N.C.L.E. which was pretty funny. I loveee comedies and action movies so this was the perfect combo. Btw, Henry Cavill is super good looking in this movie. Holy. 

     The other movie I watched (yes, we'd often play 2+ movies every day lol) was Lucy. My friend wanted to watch it with me when it came out in theatres but I never got the chance to go. The trailer looked interesting and the movie actually was.. until it ended. I literally said "that's it?" when the credits started playing. I was expecting so much more, like for the story to continue. I thought they were gonna show a romance happening too but I guess it wasn't that kind of movie. The movie ended with Scarlett Johansson talking about humanity and finally saying "now you know what to do" but I was like wait what do I do?? Maybe I'm just dumb or wasn't really paying attention but I was totally confused. 

     For fine dining, I was really excited to see chocolate soufflé as one of the dessert options. I've been on this cruise line before and I recalled how amazing this lava cake tasted. Sorry about the lack of pics again; I was probably way too excited about the food and the lighting in the dining room wasn't that good so every picture looked unattractive.

     Thanks to the maids cleaning your room twice a day, you get chocolates and an folded towel animal. I almost forgot about the animal towels until I was greeted by this stingray haha. Throughout the cruise, they alternated between milk and dark chocolate. I prefer dark chocolate but no one else in my family ate them except for me and so by the last day of the cruise, we had a hugeeeee stack of dark chocolate that was as long as my fingers can stretch. I kid you not. 


     I also want to note something that I've never seen anywhere else but here on this cruise: day of the week elevator mats. It was one of the first things we noticed about the ship and I was pleasantly surprised to see them change it every day. It's funny cause whenever I go on vacation, I ALWAYS lose track of what day it is. Changing time zones doesn't help that much either, so I thought this was a clever thing to do.


     Another thing I spotted on the first day in the shop was their selection of rings and I definitely fell in love with one. I've been looking for a ring in this style for the longest time but could never find the perfect one. Look at how sparkly this is!! I also saw engagement rings that had a lot more bling but they were only $80. I wonder if people actually buy them.




Next up is Greece! The majority of our ports were here since Turkey got cancelled due to recent news. 


Stay tuned for some absolutely gorgeous Greek pics!

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig