March 12, 2017

Top 5 Designer White Sneakers


     As you may have realized, I've been wearing my Adidas Superstars almost every day this past year, since I got them. They just effortlessly match any outfit although they're super dirty now😅. At first they were really uncomfortable cause the size I got was a little big but after I broke them in, they're without a doubt the comfiest shoe I own. However there's now the stigma against the superstars being "basic" since everyone wears them, but I don't blame them because they're affordable, they go with anything, and are seriously comfortable. Since I wear them so often, I've been thinking it's time to move on and that it'd actually be worth it to invest in a high end pair of white sneakers. Unfortunately, I doubt that'll happening anytime soon and my fam would prob kill me if I spent $300+ on a pair of shoes, so here's what I would buy if I could😂.


1. Alexander McQueen Oversized Sneakers 


 

     As a short person, the exaggerated sole would definitely help. It may look a little weird at first, but they look amazing when worn. A ton of celebrities have been photographed wearing them! They have many variations of this shoe so if the shape isn't for you, they have an extended sole version. [Plugin: on Farfetch, use "Melissa Wong" at checkout to get 10% off your purchase] My coworker has a pair of the ones I've pictured, which she bought from Nordstrom. I've also been loving this shoe in gold

2. Woman by Common Projects Original Achilles Sneakers 





     How beautiful are these shoes?? Made in Italy and visually clean; Common Projects is known for their minimalism (which is totally my aesthetic and style) and high quality. Fun fact: the ten numbers stamped in gold on the side represent the style number, European size, and colour. I've seen a lot of people on IG buying these. One guy even owned 4 pairs lol. 

3. Valentino White Open Sneakers 




     My friend and I were debating on whether these were ugly or not. He showed me them in yellow, which I hated but when I saw them in this lovely rose gold/copper colour, I fell in love. They look a lot better when worn and the classic rockstud details on the back are super cute too.

4. Acne Studios Adriana Leather Sneaker


     EDIT: switched the Burberry ones for these. At first I wasn't a big fan of the face plaque but it's grown on me now. Plus, it's detachable anyways. This is available in grained leather as well but for a minimalist sneaker I don't like the pebbly look. Bonus factor is that these shoes are made in the same factory as CPs, so the high quality is 100% ensured!

5. Gucci Ace Embroidered Low-Top Sneaker 




     Gucci used to be tacky IMO, but they've really made a comeback with their shoes recently. There are so many embroidered versions but for some reason I'm a big fan of the bee one, even though I hate bees. (Actually I just remembered that Melissa means "honeybee" in Greek so I guess it has some significance with me😅) I don't really like how the backing colours are different colours though. I prefer the croc design colour on these ones but I like the snakeskin pattern! Side note, their Princetown loafers are pretty popular among the fashion community because they apparently go with everything. The fur ones are ridiculous but I lowkey love them LOL (these Gucci shoes are even more ridiculous😂😂). I've seen a rose version of the loafers too and those ones look gorgeous!


     Saint Laurent, Maison Margiela, Opening Ceremony, and Miu Miu have white sneakers as well but personally, the ones that I've seen aren't my taste.

     In reality, I'll prob just end up getting a pair of Stan Smiths LOL but not green since everyone has that colour. I'm thinking of one with a rose gold heel or just plain white or black but those ones are so hard to find 😩 especially in my size because my feet are so tiny they qualify as a kid. On the plus side, the shoes are cheaper BUT the selection is limited.

     Ugh, I'm seriously lusting over these high end shoes that I've picked and I'm kicking myself because the money I've spent on two pairs of Citizens of Humanity jeans could buy a pair of these sneakers. Ah well, why not have both? Looks like I gotta work super hard to afford them. Actual goals would be able to buy them all HAHA.

Have a great weekend everyone!

x
Melissa

Photo creds: Ginney Noa, Nordstrom, SSENSE, Gucci
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig