December 24, 2016

Vancouver Christmas Market


     On Thursday my family (including my cousins and aunties!) went to the Vancouver Christmas Market. Although it was a cold day, I wasn't chilly inside despite it being outdoors. This year it's at the Jack Poole Plaza. I've heard mixed reviews about this place but decided to at least try it out since I've never been before. Here's what we did and what food I recommend.


     Adult admission is $8 but you get a seasons pass so if you want to come back you can for free! There's also a Groupon where you pay $11 for 2 adults. ((Also a disclaimer: everything here is expensive/overpriced)) It's half off if you go earlier around lunch time but we went in the evening. It's more crowded but the ambiance is nicer with all the lights.


     The first thing I bought was a Nutella crepe for $9.50. It was good but they did mix up all of our orders. We then bought hot chocolate ($4.50, $5.50 with whipper cream) and it was sweet but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they just used the powder mix hot chocolate. My mom bought apple cider and that was actually amazing!! We must've bought at least 5 cups while we were there lol. You can definitely tell they use real apples.



     My friend recommended the pork hock and the chimney cakes so we went to go line up for those. The pork hock was realllllly good but a little fatty. They served it with a side of rye bread and topped it off with sauerkraut. It was either $8.50 or $9.50. The other option was pork hock in a bun but a lady told us it was basically like a hot dog so she didn't think it was worth the money.  

     The chimney cake had a long line up too. The topping options were either cinnamon sugar or almonds and the filling options were either Nutella or lemon curd. We got one with cinnamon sugar + Nutella and one with almonds + lemon curd. Surprisingly, I thought the lemon curd one tasted better than the Nutella. There wasn't that much Nutella on the inside because when I ripped a piece there were some parts with barely anything on it. Sorry I don't have a pic of it because it was in a brown paper bag but it kind of reminded me as a twisted beaver tail rolled up. 

     Funnily enough, they had the rotatoes/hurricane fries too! It was run by Asians LOL. Of course there was a line but it was definitely better than the usual 45min wait at the night market. We bought one white cheese flavour, one yellow cheese, and one fried zucchini which actually tasted even better than the rotatoes!! Highly recommend you try the zucchini. 

"$120 for dead wood?"😂
     My aunties also bought Schnitzels, Cannoli, and mulled wine. There were a bunch of different crafts that people were selling too like glass ornaments ranging from $10-20. We took pics with gingerbread men and there was a photo op with props but the line up was huge and I think you have to pay for it. For entertainment, a woman was singing and a band was playing Christmas music. She was quite talented!


  




Jacket: Le Chateau
Scarf: Aritzia
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity
Purse: Longchamp
Shoes: Adidas


     I had fun with all my cousins but I think once you've gone here, you don't reallllly need to go back again. However if you're looking for something to do you might as well try it! Just be ready to spend a lot of money. 

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

x
Melissa




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig