December 28, 2016

STYLEKOREAN.COM Haul + Store Review



     Hello all! Lately I've been going just a littleeeee bit crazy with the online shopping so look forward to more haul posts like this in the near future! Since exams are over and marks are out, I've been endlessly treating myself for passing all courses and getting A's huehehe. 

     StyleKorean caught my attention since I've been eyeing a bunch of K-beauty products thanks to JoanKeem and Edward Avila. Plus there were sooo many good deals that I couldn't resist! All products will be linked in their titles.

April Skin Magic Snow Cushion White in #23 Natural Beige



     April Skin does a lot of Facebook advertising, which is how I first heard about the brand and now it's really big in Korea. There are a lot of mixed reviews about this cushion so I've been curious and wanted to try it out for myself. Unfortunately on April Skin's website, you need to spend a minimum of $200 for free shipping and I wasn't gonna risk $200 for products that may not even be worth it so I held off. Even on other websites this cushion retails for about $40 and there's no refill so when Style Korean had this deal where it was only $13(USD) I had to jump on it. I'll wait until I'm done my current cushion to try this one out though, and then maybe do a review of my take on it.

COSRX Acne Pimple Master 24 Patches + One Step Pimple Clear Pads 



     Again, another good deal I had to grab (since it came as a set). Literally every Korean beauty YouTuber has been raving about these pimple pads so of course I had to see what the hype was all about. My sister has been wanting this too for the longest time so she'll probably end up stealing it from me anyways. I've bought 2 packs of the acne stickers before and knowing how many cystic pimples I get, it doesn't hurt to stock up.

COSRX Christmas Edition Jumbo Ultimate Nourishing Rice Ovenight Spa Mask + Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask




     COSRX repackaged their sleeping masks so that now there's twice the amount and it's in a tube which makes it more convenient and hygienic! I already own the old version of their honey mask which is in a jar but I can just give that to my sister since she's already stolen my The Face Shop honey mask as well. With this set they even gave me free stickers which is cute. On other sites they offered a planner for 2017! I'm actually so happy I bought this because it's out of stock now but you can buy the masks separately if you want! 

Etude House Play Color Eyes in the Cafe




     That English though.. I don't think Etude House is really fluent with their use of English because their latest holiday collection is called "My Little Nut".. lol.  And I know, I know, I don't really need another eyeshadow palette.. but this is so pretty!! I like my Heimish one in cosy coral but it doesn't have that matte brown shade I always use. This one actually does and for once, it's actually a palette where I'd use every single shade, unlike my Urban Decay Naked palettes. This would be perfect for travelling since it's small and carries all the colours I'd use on a daily basis. 

Too Cool For School Art Class by Rodin






     My Hoola bronzer is finally starting to run out after having it for many years (prob unhygienic, but I'm poor so whatever). After tax, it'd come to $40CAD and I wasn't down to spend that much again so I thought this would be a great alternative. I like bronzers that are completely matte and I haven't seen any other bronzers in Sephora that are 100% matte, other than the Hoola one and Tom Ford (which looks pretty but it's huge so it's $93 after tax..). This one is much cheaper and it's pretty popular amongst the Asian beauty community. I'm interested in the fact that it has 3 different shades for different areas of the face, compared to Hoola which only has one solid shade. I also love how they wrap it in tissue paper! It's a tiny gesture but it makes it seem like a gift from me, to me. 

JAYJUN Baby Pure Shining Mask



     I've been lusting over these sheet masks since forever but could never convince myself to buy them because they were so damn expensive. I used to never pay more than $1 for a mask but this year I've increased my limit to $2 LOL. These masks retail for about $3.5-5 per sheet but I got them on sale for $2.50~CAD!! Usually the packaging of sheet masks are standard but for this one, you can FEEL the luxury. The box is super sturdy. Plus you know this is a good brand for beauty products because Jayjun is actually a plastic surgery company HAHAH. Other YouTubers have pointed out that since this comes with an essence and eye cream, it'd be good for traveling which I agree with. I plan on using this only for special occasions or maybe when I do go on vacation since different environments usually wreak havoc on my skin.

     When I opened the shipment package, I was surprised to find 2 boxes of the Jayjun masks. I assumed I had accidentally ordered 2 of the same masks but turns out StyleKorean ran out of a honey sheet mask + wash off pack that I had also ordered. I guess they just made up for it by replacing it with another Jayjun mask, which I don't mind at all because these are worth a lot; way more than the honey mask I originally ordered LOL. I never received an email about it, though so that's funny. 


     Overall, I'm really impressed with Style Korean. My shipment came in 6 DAYS!!! Shipped from Korea!! Even when I order from companies in Canada, they take longer than that. I like how they include free samples as well. What can I say, I'm Asian; I love free stuff😂.  They also wrapped everything in several layers of bubble wrap, which ensured that my eyeshadow and contour palette arrived unharmed and not smashed. My only gripe is that the prices are in USD (that Canadian conversion... rip) and shipping is super expensive. They charge you by the weight and with a purchase like mine, it was not pretty. I also ended up having to pay customs duties (~$20) T________T. Usually when you spend so much, a company will give you free shipping but I guess since these products are already marked down and the shipping was really fast, it's basically like you're paying for express shipping. I'd definitely use this site again, especially if I desperately needed a product asap but of course I'd prefer if they gave a code for free shipping (because you have to pay that in USD too😩).


Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!! And did a lot of shopping like me😅.

Happy Holidays!

X
Melissa
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig