December 11, 2016

Sephora VIB Rouge 2016 Sale Haul




     I haven't bought anything from Sephora in months, but with the VIB Rouge sale, I couldn't resist. Ain't nobody got time to go all the way to a Sephora store, shop, and line up so I took advantage of my free shipping perk and ordered online. I had to spend enough to renew my VIB rouge status for next year and Sephora stuff is so expensive that if you're gonna buy something, you might as well wait for them to have their yearly sales. 

     I bought so much and took so many pics that I was too lazy to colour edit, so please enjoy these ugly pics shot in my new bathroom. If you're interested in any of these products, I've linked them in their titles!

Yves Saint Laurent Le Cushion Encre de Peau Fusion Ink Cushion Foundation in 40



     I had been running out of my IOPE cushion foundation and I've been hearing so many good reviews about this cushion albeit its expensive price. I'm a little disappointed it doesn't come with a refill but the claims are true. Its lasting power is pretty good for a cushion. I left my house at 8 and didn't come home until around 11 but my skin still looked flawless and not super oily! I got it in 40 which is a little darker than my normal skin tone but I didn't want to get 30 because it looked really pink, whereas my skin is more warm/yellow. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown




     Yenno how people have those "Instagram brows"? I've been wanting to try the trend forever because on most Asian girls, it actually looks really pretty. I was expecting this to be super difficult to apply but it's actually not that hard, as long as you're lighthanded with it. If you apply too much, it'll get clumpy. I was overwhelmed with the choices as too which colour to get. Dark brown seemed too dark and warm so I ended up getting medium brown. Keep in mind, my brows are pretty full already and like dark black. It blends in pretty well with my brow hair but in the sparse areas it does seem to be a bit too brown. If i get a browcara (brow mascara) it should match perfectly though.

Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner



     Ever since my sister used up all my Beauty Blender solid brush/sponge cleaner, I had been in need of something to clean my brushes because they were so dirty they were breaking me out like crazy. It also came with a silicone sponge (yenno those "brush mats" that help clean your brush more) so I guess it's a good deal but I didn't realize how small it was.

AmorePacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Crème 





     The first time I tried an AmorePacific product, I fell in love. I will admit there are some hits and misses in their brand. Because it's a high end brand, I bought a travellers set of their Moisture Bound line and for a day, I used nothing but those AmorePacific products and my skin was soooo soft I couldn't stop touching it. Felt as smooth as a baby. In the past I dreamed of having a vanity full of AmorePacific products. That's when you know you've made it. But now that La Mer has been brought to my attention and that I actually own this AmorePacific cream, my standards have been raised. The retail price of this cream is insane since it's only 1.7 oz but with 20% off, I could deal with it and splurge a little. 

Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer



          It's safe to say this is pretty much my holy grail moisturizer. I think this is my third of fourth bottle but whenever I break out, I alway go back to this moisturizer. Recently I've been suffering from so many stress pimples and I feel like my Nature Republic shea butter steam cream is so thick that it pulls on my skin. This cream is more runny yet still provides ton of hydration so I've switched to using this daily now and will save the AmorePacific one for special occasions.

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Max Sleeping Mask



     The description of this product seems so fancy but I haven't used it enough to make a complete judgement of it yet. If you're looking to wake up with glowing skin though, this won't do it for you. But how pretty is this packaging?? Blue is my favourite colour hehe.

AmorePacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Delivery System


     I've seen a lot of negative reviews of people complaining that the scent of AmorePacific products are way too strong for them but I loveeeee it. It smells so fresh! I mainly use this mist as a prep for my cushion foundation. It is pretty expensive but it's made out of bamboo sap so you're not just paying for water and it'll last a long time. This is my second bottle actually! I bought my first one maybe 2 years ago and only ran out of it a couple months ago after using it every day.

Samples



I made two separate orders so I got twice the amount of samples. I've been wanting to try out the OUAI hair products ever since the line came out but have never gotten the chance to until now. I'll probably just give the Shiseido concentrate to my mom or use it myself. I love the smell of Chloe and J'adore Dior so I'm so excited I got samples of these. Love Story smells pretty good too!

Birthday Gift


     Because it's my birth month, I got to decide between a Marc Jacobs set or Fresh. I've already tried Marc Jacob eyeliners and I've been interested in the Fresh Rose Face Mask so I decided to get that instead.

Kate Somerville Deep Moisture Healthy Glow 500 Points Reward


     Since I had sooo many points, I got this Kate Somerville set. I've heard good reviews about their goat milk collection but I don't know enough about this brand to actually want to buy their products so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try some out. Inside there's the Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream, the Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser, the Goat Milk De-Puffing Eye Balm, and the ExfoliKate Gentle Exfoliating Treatment (which I've also heard good reviews about). The outside cover got kinda dirty so I've only pictured the inside box. The packaging inside is pretty cute though as there are a bunch of black confetti pieces with the mini products.


And that's all for my haul!! Since writing this post, Sephora has had another VIB rouge sale where they gave me $25 credit to spend so I've also bought more stuff again ^^' Ugh the addiction is real...

Anyways, hope you guys are successful with your Christmas shopping! Happy Holidays!!

x
Melissa





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig