September 07, 2020

6 Must-Have Office Desk Accessories

photo creds

With people not spending money on vacations this year, more are re-investing that money into improving their homes! Here are some of my must-haves for making working at a desk for most of the day more enjoyable.


1. Humidifier 

There are several health benefits in adding a humidifier to your living or working space! Here in Canada, the air is pretty dry, especially in the winters. I find that humidifiers help combat that dryness and keep my skin hydrated which is a top priority for me. The one I currently use is from Muji!

2. Outlet Extension Box

These days, two outlets simply just aren't enough anymore! I like the ones that plug into the wall as they're less cluttering than an extension bar. With USB charging, there's no need for a box charger and thus your work area becomes more space efficient! 

3. Agenda / Calendar / Notepad 

Sometimes you just need to quickly check the date or jot down some notes. I've decided to try going paperless this year and picked up the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil! They currently have the education deal where students can get free AirPods with the purchase of an iPad or Mac. You can find my post for more tips about how to stay organized and focused here

4. Water Bottle 

It is incredibly important to stay hydrated throughout the day but sometimes it's a hassle to remember to get those 2-3L in a day. A great rule of thumb I learned is that you should drink your entire water bottle before having lunch and then do it again after lunch. Additionally, eery time you glance at your water bottle sitting on your desk, take a sip. 

5. Blue Light Filter Glasses 

Everyone is going to be spending a lot more time on their devices and eye fatigue is truly real as I've discovered lately. Blue light not only messes with your circadian rhythm to trick your body into thinking it's daylight but it also ages your skin. Although there isn't much research on the effectiveness of blue light glasses, my personal experience is that I feel it does help whether or not it's actually just a placebo effect. I bought mine from MVMT and love them!

6. Cozy Cardigan 

As we near the winter months, I can say that it's worth investing in a cardigan or sweater that will keep you nice and warm. Even in the workplace, offices become incredibly cold with the air conditioning always being blasted. You don't necessarily have to spend a ton of money as I've gotten $30 cardigans from YesStyle (use code "MELISSAWONG" for discounts) that are super high quality! On the higher end spectrum, I got this cardigan from Aritzia and love it so much I bought it in two different colours. I also get a lot of use out of my fuzzy robe in the winter and can imagine a lot more people buying loungewear as we are in quarantine.



Hope everyone is staying safe, especially as some are transitioning back to working!

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig