September 19, 2020

10 Reasons To Buy An Apple Watch

 

photo creds

    
    I used to be the type who could never be bothered to wear a watch unless I felt like fancying up my outfit. As I started getting more into fitness, I wanted to use a fitness tracker but didn't want to invest too much money into one as I wasn't sure if I would actually commit to wearing one every day so I bought a Fitbit just to try things out. It lived on my wrist constantly and ever since, that's when I decided to buy my first Apple Watch last year and have never looked back. With the new Series 6 being announced, I wanted to make a list of all the reasons why I love my Apple Watch and why you might be interested in picking one up too!


1. Tracks Fitness

Apple has been marketing the watch as a health device and it definitely has its perks! It provides reminders to move, stand, and even take a relaxing breather sometimes. Tracking my fitness is truly motivating as I can see at a glance how many calories I've burned, steps counted, flights climbed, distance walked, and minutes I've exercised! I love how I can track and time my workouts too. There are so many different kinda of workouts on the Apple Watch from barre to hiking to swimming. Amazingly, it's waterproof! You can also invite your contacts and track their daily progress or compete with them.

2. Receive Notifications

Before, I used to constantly have my phone in my hand. However, now I don't have to! Through haptic feedback, I am instantly notified of any messages I receive and can reply through dictation or writing all on my watch.

3. Send Messages

I can also send text messages or use iMessage straight from my watch! With Siri, it's even faster. It's been so convenient not having to find my phone and go through it just to send a quick text. 

4. Make and Receive Calls

I'm the type that always has my phone on silent and as a result, I was constantly missing calls from people. With the Apple Watch, it gives a quiet vibration to notify you that someone's calling and in fact, you can actually take calls on your watch! I lowkey feel like a spy character using a secret gadget every time I'm speaking into my wrist haha. If you buy the cellular version, you can leave your phone at home and be completely independent with just your watch while still being able to make and receive calls and text messages.

5. Apple Pay and Wallet

The first time I witnessed someone paying with their Apple Watch a couple years ago, I was blown away. I tried using my Starbucks card and the lady was also amazed! It's incredibly convenient not having to take out your phone or card to make a payment and with Apple Wallet, you can use your watch to scan movie tickets, points cards, gift cards, and even a gym pass!

6. Control Music Playing

I held off on buying the Apple Watch until they were compatible with Spotify and now that they are, I am easily able to switch between songs playing on my iPhone, iPad, or any speakers! It is especially useful when working out, going on walks, and driving too.

7. Shazam Songs

This is probably one of my most favourite apps on my Apple Watch. If there's a song playing in a video on my iPhone or on the speakers in a store somewhere and want to find out the song, I can quickly Shazam it! When my personal trainer was wondering what song was playing at our gym (pre-covid), I just Shazam'd it and she was surprised as she didn't know that was possible although she had an Apple Watch herself. It's super useful and has helped me discover so many great songs!

8. Unlock MacBook

This may require a newer computer as my 2015 MacBook is too old for this but with my 2020 MacBook Pro, using bluetooth it can sense my Apple Watch nearby and unlock my laptop! It makes the whole process a lot faster and easier than having to constantly type in my password or use Touch ID.

9. Emergency SOS and Fall Detection

At the beginning of the year, I had a really bad fall and although I wasn't in need of emergency services, my Apple Watch still detected it and asked if I was alright or in need of medical assistance. It's reassuring to know that that service is there, especially if anything serious like a car accident were to ever happen. Even if you don't have the cellular version, it will still be able to make a call to emergency services and locate you instantly. 

 10. View the Time, Date, Weather, and more

I chose to display the infographic modular as my watch face which allows me to view a bunch of different information just at a glance! It's also totally customizable so you can choose which information is important to you. For me, I added the option to view the time, date, weather, activity and battery levels, and quick access to Spotify. 



My Apple Watch has been one of the best purchases I've ever made and it's incredible how much such a small device can do! There's also a Walkie-Talkie feature that sends voice messages in real time but I have no friends to talk to... LOL. 

I hope this list has given you guys more insight into all the ways an Apple Watch can improve your life! You do need an iPhone to use this watch but the Apple ecosystem and the way it seamlessly integrates across each product is seriously impressive and unmatched in its competition. 

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig