November 17, 2018

Sephora 2018 Holiday Sale Haul


     Hi loves! 'Tis the season to treat yourself, and with the Sephora Holiday sale happening, I wanted to share what I bought and stocked up on. Hopefully this will inspire those who are looking for Christmas gift ideas! As always, the products will be linked in their respective titles.

Morphe M167 Oval Shadow Brush

Morphe M441 Pro Firm Blending Crease Brush


     Morphe is famous for their huge eyeshadow palettes and their brushes, but I never realized how cheap they actually were until they arrived at Sephora. These are less than $10 each!! Meanwhile, other companies charge at least 5x the price for their brushes, if not more. I originally bought these because I was planning on getting the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette, but it's been sold out ever since the sale started -_-. However, I'm sure I'll get good use out of these brushes with the palettes that I have already.

Shiseido Facial Cotton


     If you know me, you know that I love using these with my micellar water. Nothing else on the market is softer! Trust me when I say that once you try these, you'll never be able to settle for anything else. I can't even count how many packs of these I've gone through, so I stocked up and bought two of them. With the sale, they were less than $10 even after tax! 

Nars Blush in Dolce Vita



     After unfortunately losing my Nars Amour blush in Korea last year, I knew I had to buy another one. I decided to take advantage of this opportunity and try a different colour though and went with this shimmery dusty rose shade. I left the picture unedited so you can see the colour as accurately as possible. It's been a while since I had a blush from Nars and I was pleasantly surprised at how massive the pan was. Such a good deal! Nars is iconic for their blushes and after the Sephora lady told me that it would be a pretty shade on me, I knew I made the right decision hehe.

Dior Rouge Lipstick in 683 Rendez-Vous






     In store, I swatched this "nude rosewood" lipstick shade and instantly fell in love. I'm so happy to say that it actually looks good on me too, which is a rare occurrence with me and lip products as my skintone is pretty yellow. Plus, the packaging is to-die-for. Compared to my Givenchy Rouge Inderdit Satin lipstick, this Dior one comes with a lot more product, albeit $2 more. Since this has a satin finish, it's not as long lasting but does leave a pretty stain! 

Hourglass Mechanical Gel Eyeliner in Obsidian (3-pack)




     I decided to try out this eyeliner because it was $10 cheaper than the eyeliners that I usually buy from Nars or Marc Jacobs. After trying this out, I definitely fell into a love-hate relationship. Firstly, the pigmentation is amazing!! It looks like a liquid eyeliner, but it's actually a gel pencil which is perfect for makeup amateurs like me who are unskilled with liquid liner. Because it's so thin, it gives a precise application but it's extremely delicate and breaks after each use... therefore not long-lasting at all. According to the description, it's only supposed to last for 17-20 clicks but because it kept breaking on me, I had to do multiple clicks every time I did my makeup. I ran out in 2 weeks!! Now I understand why it's "cheaper" than other brands and why they sell this in a 3-pack, which I got during the sale. *cries in broke*

Tom Ford Bronzing Powder in Terra




     I've always dreamed of getting the huge $138 Tom Ford bronzing powder, but even after the sale, the price is just too much for me and the size isn't practical with my makeup bag. When I was in store, I saw that the price listed for the smaller size was $88 but online it was $78. Not sure if there was a glitch in the system or if it meant there's going to be a price increase, but I decided to jump on the deal and order it online. You know this is true luxury when it comes with its own dustbag LOL. My friends and family all think I'm crazy for buying it but hey, it's only gonna get more expensive so if I want it, I might as well get it now before the price increase. As for the actual powder itself, I swatched it in the same pic where I swatched the Dior lipstick above, but it's a little hard to see. It's very natural on my skin tone and doesn't look muddy at all! This bronzer is obviously not a definite need, but let's just say it's a very nice want that you won't regret (if you can justify the tiny pan).

AmorePacific 12 Days of Essential Beauty

 
     The packaging of this box is to-die-for and it's such a great deal too! For only $80, you get mini sizes of their cleansing oil, cleansing foam, exfoliator, toner, mist, cream, gel cream, sleeping mask, serum, oil, essence, and eye gel. 12 products!! I'm a huge fan of AmorePacific products and would definitely recommend this as a Christmas gift for anyone interested in trying out this brand or just Korean skincare in general. 

SK-II Pitera Essence Set


     My AmorePacific essence has almost run out but I haven't seen any noticeable changes in my skin, so I wanted to try something different and less expensive. I've heard great things about SK-II so hopefully this set will improve my skin, if not at least keep it young-looking. The mini size of their legendary Facial Treatment Essence is $125 but for the same price and size, you can get this set!


     I also bought a backup of my favourite Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara and I'm still waiting for my La Mer set to arrive, but I wanted to put up this post before the end of this sale! Sephora is crazy with the extension of their sale, making it almost a month long. My friend and I believe this is in response to all the competition with ULTA, but because we don't have one in Canada, I will be happily shopping at Sephora. 


Happy shopping and happy holidays!

x
Melissa


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig