May 23, 2018

Best of Lush


For a first timer, walking into Lush may be pretty intimidating due to the wide variety of products and sensory overload of scents. Here's a list of what I consider the best in each category and my recommendations!  As usual, all products will be linked in their titles.

Bath Bomb

Sex Bomb

If you're looking to treat yourself, buy this and run a bath. The scent is amazing.

Shower Gel 

It's Raining Men

At first I wasn't a huge fan of the smell, but it eventually grew on me. After you wash it off, you can't really smell anything anyways. What truly sold me is the honey in this product that is super softening. I suffer from keratosis pilaris on my arms but this made my skin feel so smooth!!

Shower Scrub 

Ocean Salt

I recommend using this in the morning to wake you up! It gently exfoliates but leaves your skin smelling nice fresh. While it's advertised as a face and body scrub, it does contain lime infused vodka so if you have sensitive skin, I would say to avoid your face.

Shower Body Butter 

Scrubee

The bee shape and honey scent is to die for! After trying one at home, I went back and bought more LOL. I like how the smell lasts for a couple hours on my skin too. The only issue I have is that sometimes the coconut shells are a little bit too abrasive and that the ratio of scrubby bits to the actual moisturizing body butter is kinda off. Definitely a lot more ground coconut shells than cocoa butter. It also doesn't last that long but at least it's pretty cheap.

Face Mask 

Mask of Magnaminty

This is the first product I've ever tried from Lush and thus started my addiction to this store. It's a great clay mask that slightly tingles as a result of the peppermint oil but it exfoliates and softens the skin with ground aduki beans. I'd recommend going for the smaller jar since Lush products have such a short shelf life and you only use this once or twice a week. It's pretty messy to wash off so I put it on before I take a shower. The mask of magnaminty is an awkwardly hard name to pronounce but it's arguably Lush's most famous product for a reason.

Moisturizer

Celestial

This is definitely the ultimate treat for your face, especially if you have dry and sensitive skin like me.

Massage Bar 

Soft Coeur

As you can probably tell, I love the smell of honey and chocolate. This massage bar is so cute in the shape of a heart and although tinier than the other massage bars, it is a bit cheaper. The only annoying thing is that there's a chocolate chunk that sometimes leaves brown streaks. You can have a partner lick it off you, if that's your thing (it's a famous massage bar for couples) or you can just rip off the chunk before massaging. 

Dusting Powder

Silky Underwear

One time I went into Lush with greasy hair and a sales associate recommended this to me 😅. It's actually pretty multifunctional! You can use it as a dry shampoo or as a refreshener. I like to sprinkle this on my sheets and pillowcase because the scent is super relaxing. If you feel particularly greasy after using a massage bar, you can also use this powder to absorb any excess oil. It mattifies but makes your skin feel silky smooth.



     Everyone has different scent preferences so it's best try things in store. The sales associates are super friendly and knowledgeable! I'm always floored by their kindness. Make sure you wear short sleeves or something that can easily be rolled up because they'll probably insist on doing a demo and trying a product on your skin. Lush employees honestly give the best massages ever. Don't be afraid to ask for a sample either if you're not sure or on the fence about a product!

Lush has been one of the best things for my skin, but worst for my wallet.. 
Hope everyone's having a great week!

x
Melissa

photo creds to Lush
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig