November 18, 2017

Jo Malone Wild Bluebell


     I've always seen pics of Korean celebrities with Jo Malone colognes and since Sephora started carrying the brand and was having their annual sale, I decided this was the perfect time to pick one up. They're not in store at any Sephora locations here in Vancouver at the moment so I had to go to Nordstrom to smell the scents in person. Surprisingly, I wasn't a fan of most at first whiff except for wild bluebell, the one I bought (I'm a sucker when it comes to salespeople and the lady helped me so much I figured I might as well give her the sale, plus the packaging is to die for and I still got Nordstrom points lol). I will say that some scents are definitely more suitable for a house rather than a perfume. However, after the top notes faded and I was left with the base notes on the pieces of paper, I quite enjoyed them all.  


 


 
Vibrant sapphire blooms in a shaded woodland. 
The delicate sweetness of dewy bluebells suffused with lily of the valley and eglantine, and a luscious twist of persimmon. 
Mesmerising.   

     The perfumes I like usually consist of a floral/fruity/fresh scent and this one fulfills all categories. The top note imitates the scent of bluebells since apparently they're endangered in London and it's illegal to pick them. Some people even say it smells like watermelon! The heart note is persimmon and the base note is white musk. Although I've always thought musk was a more masculine scent, I love how it smells on me and lingers for hours. Jo Malone colognes are known for not being super long lasting but on me, this lasts literally all day. I'm becoming more accustomed to the scent so I'm not as sensitive to it anymore but my friends say they can still smell it on me, even if I can't. 



 
     I only got the 30 mL size but I feel like I've been spraying this a lot and it still looks full so I know it'll last a long time. Jo Malone colognes can also be combined and layered, which to me seems like a gimmick to make you use up more of the colognes faster but it also seems like a cool way to create a new scent entirely. 

     You can buy Jo Malone at Sephora, Nordstrom, or their website. I've already placed an order for the mimosa & caramom one and I'm hoping to add blackberry & bay to my collection next since I heard it pairs nicely with wild bluebell! I plan on getting a lime basil & mandarin candle too, since the scent is a little too masculine for me as a cologne but it's what Taeyang wears!! 


Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! 
The term is almost over and my finals end pretty early too so be on the lookout for more blog posts in December!

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig