October 13, 2015

PARIS 2015


Bonjour lovelies! In August, my family and I went on a 16 day vacation to Europe, starting with Paris! Scroll on to see what we saw!

DAY 1
We took a direct 9 hour Air France flight from YVR to CDG. I didn't mind the time as there was a TV so I kept myself busy watching 20 Once Again and Furious 7. I was incredibly excited since 20 Once Again isn't in theatres anymore and being a foreign show, I didn't know whether I would ever have the chance to see it.



After we got off the plane, I was super jet lagged but it was 8am in Paris so the day was just beginning.






After checking into our hotel, we went on a hop on hop off bus tour and visited Notre Dame. (lol at the picture below, idky but I saw at least 3 fobs posting like that)







We then went to Le Bon Marché for some food.




Here's the view of La Seine.




Lastly, we went to Champs Élysées, visited the Arc de Triomphe and walked along the avenue to do some shopping.




^This marked the grave of the unknown soldier from World War I. Later on in my trip, I noticed that there was a tribute to the unknown soldier in every major city.

DAY 2
Our hotel was near the Louvre, so we decided to take a look inside the museum and see the Mona Lisa (which I didn't even bother trying to take a pic of because the crowd around it is reaaal).








After crossing a bridge on La Seine, we decided to eat at La Frégate. I got the salmon topped with mango and served with a side of mashed potatoes.


We then took an evening river cruise and saw the Eiffel tower light up just as we were arriving back on shore. Perfect timing!





 DAY 3
On our last day, we took a 40 min train ride to Versailles. The line up for the Chateau was insane. It snaked around at least 7 curves, if that makes any sense. It took us an hour and a half to get in, but the rooms were gorgeous. 




The Hall of Mirrors. Omgah.






Finally, we arrived at the train station to go to London! Stay tuned for my next blog post to see pics from then. Sorry for the delay!! University has made me so busy. The work is endless TT___TT Anyways, have you ever been to Paris? It was my favourite part of the trip tbh since all the buildings were so pretty :)

xx, Melissa


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig