October 20, 2015

Fall Haul



Hi all! As the first wave of midterms are over, I decided to do a little retail therapy to recover. Gotta treat yo self yenno? 

     Firstly, I stopped off at Sephora to exchange my NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear eyeliner. It's a long story. My usual Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon ran out and so I went to Sephora about a week ago.  To my dismay, every single Marc Jacobs eyeliner was cleared out. I asked a lady why and she said they're redoing the formula so it'll be better. I couldn't wait though, so I decided to get one from NARS. However, I didn't double check to see if I got the right colour, and so when I went home, I found out I got a black one (Via Veneto) instead of the brown I originally wanted (Via Appia). 




     This time, when I went to go find Via Appia, I couldn't find it at all. The whole thing was a mess; all the boxes were scattered all over the place. I looked at each box trying to find the right colour but there was none. I know there are extras in the pullout shelves below each stand so I asked an employee if she could find the colour. It took her a while to find it too. She looked through almost every box (and they had a ton) but finally she found one!! It must be a popular shade. 

photo creds
Since I had so many points, I decided to use some and get the Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume mini.


     I've been looking at blanket scarves recently but have always held back because of its grandness. I was afraid it would be too overwhelming for a tiny girl like me. I went to Aritzia and ended up looking at the smaller scarves. As I finally decided on a colour (Wind), a saleslady stopped me and asked if I had taken a look at the bigger sizes aka the actual blanket scarves. I told her no and how I was worried about how it would look on me but she was around my size and said she had two herself. She tried it on me and surprisingly, it didn't look too bad. Kinda nice actually. She said that after owning these, the smaller scarves felt too small! She also said the point of blanket scarves is to be overwhelming because it gives that emphasized look. "Go big or go home amirite?" -her words. I know, I'm a sucker but I was already convinced before she even had to speak.


     As you have read in my last post, I've been searching for the perfect rose gold watch. I went to the Bay and they had an assortment of watches on sale. After circling around the entire counter like three times, I narrowed down my choices to two from Fossil. It took me a while to decide but eventually, I chose this one. Of course, I had to get two links taken off because of my tiny wrist. The woman at the counter was from Malaysia and she was like "don't worry, my wrists are smaller than yours," and I was like ..impossible. 

        
     And that concludes my fall haul! I'm so in love with my purchases. I spent all night lying around in my blanket scarf. Seriously, once you go the blanket scarf life you'll never go back. I love how they look so stylish too!! It's such a win-win.


    I definitely wanna go back and buy a ton more. Are you all about that blanket scarf life too? If not, you have to buy one immediately. It's a must. I've also seen pics of blanket scarves on guys and they actually look pretty good!! It's the perfect Christmas gift. I never realized how much of an impact accessories make. What do you think about my purchases? Let me know in the comments below!

xx, Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig