December 20, 2018

Labadee, Haiti








Day 5

     Haiti is incredibly beautiful! However it was mainly a day of relaxing on the beach as the Royal Caribbean had us on its very own private destination. For breakfast, I ate a cream cheese bagel topped with smoked salmon, paired with freshly squeezed orange juice. 


     Royal Caribbean provided lunch for us, where there was a huge assortment of food at a buffet. Obviously it wasn't as fancy as the food presented in the fine dining restaurants on deck so I didn't take a picture but I remember having chicken and fruit for dessert. The beach was a beautifully clear colour and nice and cool in the heat. 



     Unfortunately, this place is where I got the worst sunburn of my life as I fell asleep partially exposed to the sun. I cannot stress the importance of sunscreen enough!! The pain is just not worth it. 😩There were also people selling pineapple juice inside an actual pineapple that was totally Instagram-worthy, but my parents didn't want to pay $9. On the way back to the ship, I found a discarded pineapple somebody had left on the side so I decided to take pictures with it hahah.




     Later that evening, I had a steak for dinner and crème brûlée for dessert. Our entertainment for the night was an impressionist, who was pretty talented and did a good Donald Trump. 




Stay tuned for Cozumel and Chichen Itza in Mexico next!

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig