July 10, 2018

Kylie Cosmetics Sorta Sweet Palette Review


     When I saw Kylie teasing the release of this palette, I was definitely intrigued. Finally, there was a palette where all the colours are all super wearable! Plus, the packaging is to-die-for. I also bought some eyeliners to qualify for free shipping, so scroll on to read my first impressions and review of each product! I didn't colour edit the pics so you can get an accurate view of what the shades look like in natural lighting.

Sorta Sweet Palette






     The colours are all decently pigmented, but you definitely have to build the lighter colours. I recommend using a brush instead of your fingers to pick up more product. I love how all the shades are cohesive and pair together so nicely. The texture is more on the powdery side but it does last all day on my eyes! One thing to note is that 2/9 of the pans in the palette do swivel a bit when you swatch, but other than that I love the smooth black cardboard packaging. 

     This palette has been getting a lot of backlash for being a copy of ABH's Soft Glam palette and I can definitely see the similarities, but tbh there's only so many colour combinations makeup companies can do. Personally, I prefer this Sorta Sweet palette over the ABH one because it's more simple and I also find the colours more wearable. For example, I'd never use the orange shades in the Soft Glam palette. Orange is just an eyeshadow colour I generally stay away from, which is the main reason why I haven't bought any other Kylie Cosmetics palettes because they usually do contain an orange shade.

Brown + Black Eyeliner 



     I was surprised to see how sharp the brown eyeliner was! However, the black eyeliner was a little dull and definitely did not have as much product sticking out as the brown one. These eyeliners glide on really smoothly and are especially great for filling in your waterline! The only downside is that it's not that waterproof so if your eyes usually water a lot like mine throughout the day, it might not last that long. I also wish it was a twist up pencil instead of one that needs to be sharpened. 


     So would I recommend these products? I'm a little indifferent, tbh. The palette was super pretty when I swatched them but they were kind of dull on my lids. I just wish the shimmery shades had more sparkle! If you're a fan of Kylie and will use these colours, then I say go for it! Maybe I'll get better use out of this palette when more and more Youtubers come out with tutorials and makeup looks using it. As for the eyeliners, I really like how creamy they are and they're actually a lot cheaper compared to other brands at Sephora. If sharpening doesn't bother you, then I'd recommend buying them! I normally carry around my eyeliners with me throughout the day anyways, because it's usually the one thing I need to touch up. 

Kylie Cosmetics also uses the same factory as ColourPop, so if her price point is too expensive for you, then I'd recommend trying ColourPop instead for the same quality but at a way cheaper price!
Click here to get $5 off your first ColourPop purchase!


Hope you're all having an amazing summer!

x
Melissa
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig